Skip to main content

Country sirloin pork cutlets


Posted: 07 Aug 2021 01:31 PM PDT

Country sirloin pork cutlets

The breading in this recipe is not simply made of flour. Instead, I use a homemade dry pancake/waffle mix, with seasonings. That's what makes the cutlets have a great crispy texture once they are cooked. The sirloin cutlets are a nice country selection to serve with eggs and waffles at breakfast or to have as a side dish with new potatoes, greens, and homemade mac-n-cheese for dinner. For lunch, the sirloin cutlets are tasty served on a bun, with lettuce, and topped with a slice of tomato. 

If you prefer to use a store-purchased pancake and waffle mix it works pleasingly well too. 

Ingredients:

  • 1 package of sirloin pork cutlets (I don't use the tenderized cutlets for this recipe but those would work fine too.)

  • About a cup of dry pancake or waffle mix

  • 1 tablespoon of fresh ground black pepper

  • 1 ½ teaspoon of soul seasoning 

  • Enough canola oil to coat the bottom of the skillet

Optional: 1/2 teaspoon of ground garlic and ½ teaspoon of onion powder


Dry Waffle Mix

  • 1 ½ cups of self-rising flour

  • 1 tablespoon of Splenda

  • ½ teaspoon of salt (optional)


Normally, for waffles or pancakes, you would add egg, milk, and oil. Today, we're going to just need the dry ingredients.

Instructions:

In a brown paper bag, or a ziplock bag add the dry waffle mix and all the seasonings together. Shake the bag well to mix the ingredients well. Next, add in a couple of sirloin cutlets, then shake the bag. This will coat the meat on both sides. Continue to coat the cutlets.



In a large skillet add enough oil to the bottom of the pan to coat it. Turn the burner on high heat. Allow the oil to get hot. Next, add in 3-4 sirloin cutlets. Brown one side of the meat until golden, then flip the meat over to finish cooking the other side. Add extra oil to the skillet only when necessary. The oil is only to crisp the dry waffle mix, not to fry the meat in. (I use a large nonstick skillet).



Position the cutlets on a paper-lined tray; after both sides are golden brown (to drain). Then place the cutlets on a platter and serve.


Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to Cooking Exceptionally With Gin Lee

Welcome! I wanted to take this time to offer my sincere words and feelings of gratitude for each of my readers and followers. Whether you follow me on my blog "Cooking Exceptionally With Gin Lee" or over at Newsbreak.com know that I sincerely am grateful! Thank you for being here and showing me your kindness and your support! It does mean the absolute world to me! Sincerely, Gin Lee

I tried Martha Stewart's slow-cooker triple chocolate brownies recipe- this is how they turned out

I tried Martha Stewart's slow-cooker triple chocolate brownies recipe- this is how they turned out There's one lady on this earth (besides mom) that I have always simply adored; Martha Stewart. Anyone who knows me knows that Martha has been my lifelong hero since I was a teenager. She's witty, beautiful, and exceptionally talented in so many various ways. Such as DIY home and land renovations to whipping up any tantalizing masterpiece in her kitchen.  Even though I have a multitude of recipes, I had never made  slow-cooker triple chocolate brownies  before. That's until I came across Martha Stewart's recipe for this delightfully delicious, gooey chocolate treat. I followed Martha's techniques and her recipe to the tee, and ooh-la-lah! Her slow-cooker triple chocolate brownies are sinfully exquisite. They are a chocolate lover's dream come true. Martha's slow-cooker brownie recipe takes 3-1/2 hours to bake. While some people may think that is too long to

Merry Christmas

  Happy Holidays Just want to take this time out to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and the very best for the upcoming holiday season! If you are one of my Newsbreak followers, allow me to take this time to give you my appreciation and endless gratitude. Each of you matter so very much to me!  I look so forward to sharing new ideas, new recipes, and gardening tips with you in the new year of 2023! Thanks goes out to each of you for being here for me! Happy Holidays! Stay safe!