Skip to main content

Gin Lee's Copycat, homemade, sugar-free Miracle Whip

Posted: 18 Aug 2021 06:55 AM PDT

Gin Lee's Copycat, homemade, sugar-free Miracle Whip 

"What's potato salad, or pasta salad without the tangy zip of Miracle Whip salad dressing?" As all of the Miracle Whip commercials testify. I have heard this phrase all of my life, and I tend to agree that potato salad and pasta salad just aren't the same without Miracle Whip.

My homemade copycat miracle whip salad dressing makes up just a little over 3 cups of deliciousness. This is a commodity that my family uses a lot, in darn near everything that we eat. It's delicious in a salad, potato salad, and on burgers as well as other sandwiches, etc, etc 

Yes, this recipe does use whole eggs, so the outcome will look off-white. I think that it's noteworthy to say that regular store-purchased salad dressings use high fructose corn syrup and other sugars that my recipe doesn't have. For this recipe, I use Splenda, and sometimes granulated monk fruit.

Ingredients:

  • 3 eggs

  • 15 teaspoons of white wine vinegar

  • 3 Tablespoon of Splenda

  • 1 teaspoon of salt

  • 1 teaspoon of lemon juice

  • 1 teaspoon of mustard (dry mustard or regular yellow mustard can be used)

  • 1 teaspoon of paprika

  • 1 teaspoon of garlic powder

  • 1 teaspoon of onion powder 

  • 3 cups of canola oil

Instructions:

In a standup mixer, blender, or food processor, add all of the ingredients, minus the canola oil. Mix the ingredients until they are combined well and become foamy. When the mixture is at that point, slowly pour the canola oil into it. 


Store in a mason jar or an airtight container with a lid in the refrigerator. Because this recipe does use eggs the copycat miracle whip needs to be used up in two weeks. 

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to Cooking Exceptionally With Gin Lee

Welcome! I wanted to take this time to offer my sincere words and feelings of gratitude for each of my readers and followers. Whether you follow me on my blog "Cooking Exceptionally With Gin Lee" or over at Newsbreak.com know that I sincerely am grateful! Thank you for being here and showing me your kindness and your support! It does mean the absolute world to me! Sincerely, Gin Lee

I tried Martha Stewart's slow-cooker triple chocolate brownies recipe- this is how they turned out

I tried Martha Stewart's slow-cooker triple chocolate brownies recipe- this is how they turned out There's one lady on this earth (besides mom) that I have always simply adored; Martha Stewart. Anyone who knows me knows that Martha has been my lifelong hero since I was a teenager. She's witty, beautiful, and exceptionally talented in so many various ways. Such as DIY home and land renovations to whipping up any tantalizing masterpiece in her kitchen.  Even though I have a multitude of recipes, I had never made  slow-cooker triple chocolate brownies  before. That's until I came across Martha Stewart's recipe for this delightfully delicious, gooey chocolate treat. I followed Martha's techniques and her recipe to the tee, and ooh-la-lah! Her slow-cooker triple chocolate brownies are sinfully exquisite. They are a chocolate lover's dream come true. Martha's slow-cooker brownie recipe takes 3-1/2 hours to bake. While some people may think that is too long to

Merry Christmas

  Happy Holidays Just want to take this time out to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and the very best for the upcoming holiday season! If you are one of my Newsbreak followers, allow me to take this time to give you my appreciation and endless gratitude. Each of you matter so very much to me!  I look so forward to sharing new ideas, new recipes, and gardening tips with you in the new year of 2023! Thanks goes out to each of you for being here for me! Happy Holidays! Stay safe!