Skip to main content

Homemade Country Pancake, (Griddle Cakes, Hot Cakes, Skillet Cakes) and Waffle mix

Homemade country pancake and waffle mix

In today's article, I will be walking you through the steps of how you can make your own dry pancake and waffle mix from scratch. Yes, you can use this mix to prepare both pancakes and waffles. The secret is that if you want to make waffles, you'll need to add two additional tablespoons of oil, per each cup of this mix, plus an extra egg, before making them, but do not add any wet ingredients to the homemade mix, until you're ready to make a batch. I will go more in depth on the steps for making waffles with the mix towards the end of my article.

Ingredients for making the dry pancake and waffle mix:

For a small batch of the pancake and waffle mix:


  • 2 cups self-rising flour

  • 2 tablespoons of Splenda, or sugar. Add more if you prefer your pancakes to be sweeter.

  • 2 cups powdered milk, or leave out and use milk when making the pancakes

  • ¼ teaspoon of no-salt substitute, or salt

For an extra large batch of pancake and waffle mix:


  • 6 cups of self-rising flour

  • ⅓ cup of white granulated Splenda, or granulated sugar

  • 6 cups powdered milk, or leave out and use milk when making the pancakes

  • 2 teaspoons no-salt substitute, or salt

Instructions:

In a large bowl, add the list of ingredients per the amount for the sized batch that you prefer making. Mix the ingredients up well using a fork, or whisk.


Next, add the dry pancake mix to an airtight container. I store mine in vacuum-sealed jars for long-term storage.



For making a batch of six pancakes, use these ingredients:


  • 1 cup of homemade pancake mix

  • ¾ cup water, or milk if you didn't add powdered milk to the mix

  • 2 medium-sized eggs

  • 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract

  • 2 tablespoons of melted butter, plus extra for making a batch of pancakes


Please, read my next article where I make homemade pancakes, to see how I prepared them from this particular mix step by step.

For making a batch of six waffles, use these ingredients:



  • 1 cup of homemade pancake and waffle mix

  • ¾ cup water, or milk if you didn't add powdered milk to the mix

  • 2-3 eggs (2 large, or 3 medium-sized eggs)

  • 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract

  • 4 tablespoons of melted butter, or oil

  • Cooking spray for the waffle iron

Instructions for waffles:

In a large bowl, whisk the eggs well. Then add the water, or milk (if you didn't use powdered milk), add the pure vanilla extract; whisk the ingredients until combined. Then add one cup of pancake and waffle mix; incorporate all the ingredients well and then add in four tablespoons of melted butter or oil. (Remember, the extra oil is needed to make waffles from this mix. If not added, the mix will stick really badly to your waffle iron.)


Spray the waffle iron, or waffle maker with cooking spray well, then spoon about ¼ cup of the batter onto the waffle maker, close the top, and cook for about two minutes, or until both sides of the waffles are golden brown. If using a manual waffle iron, you'll need to flip it over after cooking, so both sides of the waffles are evenly cooked. Cook for about one minute per side.




Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to Cooking Exceptionally With Gin Lee

Welcome! I wanted to take this time to offer my sincere words and feelings of gratitude for each of my readers and followers. Whether you follow me on my blog "Cooking Exceptionally With Gin Lee" or over at Newsbreak.com know that I sincerely am grateful! Thank you for being here and showing me your kindness and your support! It does mean the absolute world to me! Sincerely, Gin Lee

Merry Christmas

  Happy Holidays Just want to take this time out to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and the very best for the upcoming holiday season! If you are one of my Newsbreak followers, allow me to take this time to give you my appreciation and endless gratitude. Each of you matter so very much to me!  I look so forward to sharing new ideas, new recipes, and gardening tips with you in the new year of 2023! Thanks goes out to each of you for being here for me! Happy Holidays! Stay safe!

I tried Martha Stewart's slow-cooker triple chocolate brownies recipe- this is how they turned out

I tried Martha Stewart's slow-cooker triple chocolate brownies recipe- this is how they turned out There's one lady on this earth (besides mom) that I have always simply adored; Martha Stewart. Anyone who knows me knows that Martha has been my lifelong hero since I was a teenager. She's witty, beautiful, and exceptionally talented in so many various ways. Such as DIY home and land renovations to whipping up any tantalizing masterpiece in her kitchen.  Even though I have a multitude of recipes, I had never made  slow-cooker triple chocolate brownies  before. That's until I came across Martha Stewart's recipe for this delightfully delicious, gooey chocolate treat. I followed Martha's techniques and her recipe to the tee, and ooh-la-lah! Her slow-cooker triple chocolate brownies are sinfully exquisite. They are a chocolate lover's dream come true. Martha's slow-cooker brownie recipe takes 3-1/2 hours to bake. While some people may think that is too long to