Skip to main content

Delicious Cabbage, Pork, and Crab Egg Rolls

Cabbage, pork, and crab egg rolls

Today I am working on putting up several heads of cabbage, and it just seemed logical to use some of it to make homemade egg rolls. Generally, when I make this recipe, I use two carrots, but today I didn't since I was fresh out of them. And you know what? My recipe turned out delicious even without having shredded carrots in the filling.

Ingredients:

  • 2 tablespoons of canola oil for the skillet or wok

  • 3 tablespoons of minced garlic

  • 2 tablespoons of onion powder

  • 1 teaspoon of ginger

  • 1 teaspoon of red pepper flakes

  • 1/2 teaspoon of seasoning salt

  • 1 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper

  • 1 to 2 cups of shredded cabbage (I am using a mixture of red and white cabbage).

  • 1/2 cup to 1 cup of crab meat or imitation crab meat (the amount depends on how much cabbage you decide to use)

  • 1/2 cup to 1 cup of chopped pork; you can also use beef, chicken, turkey, duck, or venison (the amount depends on how much cabbage you decide to use).

  • 2 large eggs

  • 2 teaspoons of soy sauce or more, depending on your preference

  • Egg roll wrappers (I made them homemade, and you can find my recipe right here on Newsbreak to learn how I make them.)


Instructions:

In a skillet, pre-cook whatever meat you prefer to use. Then finely chop it up. Set aside. (Today I am using grilled pork loin, which I finely chopped once it was finished cooking.)


In a large skillet or wok, add 2 tablespoons of canola oil. Allow the oil to get hot. Then add 2 large eggs, 3 tablespoons of minced garlic, 2 tablespoons of onion powder, 1 teaspoon of ginger, 1 teaspoon of red pepper flakes, 1/2 teaspoon of seasoning salt, and 1 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper, and stir well and continuously.


Once the seasoned egg mixture is cooked, add the precooked meat to the pan and continue to stir.


Add the prepared cabbage and sauté until the cabbage begins to wilt.



Now, add a couple of teaspoons of soy sauce and 1/2 cup to 1 cup of crab meat or imitation crab meat; stir well. Finish cooking for about four to five minutes.


Remove your stir-fry from the burner. Then stuff your egg roll wrappers with the prepared mixture.


Fold the top and bottom sides of the wrappers over the center of the stir-fry filling just like you'd wrap a burrito, then fold one of the sides over the center.


Tuck the dough tightly around the filling, then roll the wrapper to enclose the filling entirely. Pinch the seam sides of the dough. Repeat these steps until all of your egg rolls are prepared.



In a large pan or Dutch oven, add enough canola oil to fry your egg rolls. Allow the oil to get super hot. Then lower the egg rolls in the hot oil and fry them for about three minutes, or until they become golden crisp. (I fry mine in batches of about three at a time.)


Use a pair of long kitchen tongs to take the egg rolls out of the oil. Then place them on a paper towel-lined plate to drain off the excess oil.


Serve your egg rolls and enjoy!

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to Cooking Exceptionally With Gin Lee

Welcome! I wanted to take this time to offer my sincere words and feelings of gratitude for each of my readers and followers. Whether you follow me on my blog "Cooking Exceptionally With Gin Lee" or over at Newsbreak.com know that I sincerely am grateful! Thank you for being here and showing me your kindness and your support! It does mean the absolute world to me! Sincerely, Gin Lee

I tried Martha Stewart's slow-cooker triple chocolate brownies recipe- this is how they turned out

I tried Martha Stewart's slow-cooker triple chocolate brownies recipe- this is how they turned out There's one lady on this earth (besides mom) that I have always simply adored; Martha Stewart. Anyone who knows me knows that Martha has been my lifelong hero since I was a teenager. She's witty, beautiful, and exceptionally talented in so many various ways. Such as DIY home and land renovations to whipping up any tantalizing masterpiece in her kitchen.  Even though I have a multitude of recipes, I had never made  slow-cooker triple chocolate brownies  before. That's until I came across Martha Stewart's recipe for this delightfully delicious, gooey chocolate treat. I followed Martha's techniques and her recipe to the tee, and ooh-la-lah! Her slow-cooker triple chocolate brownies are sinfully exquisite. They are a chocolate lover's dream come true. Martha's slow-cooker brownie recipe takes 3-1/2 hours to bake. While some people may think that is too long to

Merry Christmas

  Happy Holidays Just want to take this time out to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and the very best for the upcoming holiday season! If you are one of my Newsbreak followers, allow me to take this time to give you my appreciation and endless gratitude. Each of you matter so very much to me!  I look so forward to sharing new ideas, new recipes, and gardening tips with you in the new year of 2023! Thanks goes out to each of you for being here for me! Happy Holidays! Stay safe!