Skip to main content

Southern Catfish Nuggets

Southern catfish nuggets

Are you all set for a southern fish fry? Today, I will be sharing my recipe for preparing fish the way my husband likes it. I hope that you'll enjoy it too! So, let's get started!

Ingredients:

  • 10 to 12 catfish nuggets

  • 3 eggs

  • 1/2 cup of milk

  • 1 tablespoon of soul seasoning

  • 2 cups of yellow cornmeal

  • 2 cups of self-rising flour

  • 1 tablespoon of smoked paprika

  • 1/2 teaspoon of red chili flakes (optional)

  • 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)

  • 1 tablespoon of onion powder

  • 1 tablespoon of garlic powder

  • 1 teaspoon of seasoning salt

  • 1 tablespoon of freshly ground black pepper

  • Canola oil (to fry the fish in)

Instructions:

In a gallon Ziploc bag, add 2 cups of yellow cornmeal, 2 cups of flour, 1 tablespoon of smoked paprika, 1/2 teaspoon of red chili flakes, 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, 1 tablespoon of onion powder, 1 tablespoon of garlic powder, 1 teaspoon of seasoning salt, and 1 tablespoon of freshly ground black pepper. Zip the bag and give it a really good shake. Set aside.

 

In a bowl, add 3 eggs, 1 tablespoon of soul seasoning, and 1/2 cup of milk. Whisk well. Set aside.

 

Dip your catfish nuggets in the egg mixture. Then add the nuggets to the cornmeal mixture in the Ziploc bag. Zip the bag and give the bag a good shake. Shaking the bag up and down, then side to side,

 

Pour enough canola oil in a cast-iron skillet to reach about 1/8 of an inch deep. Allow the skillet to get hot, then place your nuggets in the hot oil. Cook each nugget for 4 minutes, then flip the pieces of fish over and cook for another 4 minutes.

 

Place the cooked nuggets on a paper towel-lined plate to drain any excess oil. Serve with the best ever fries and enjoy!

Note:

Save the remaining dry ingredients in the same Ziploc bag that you used for this recipe for future use to prepare fish. Store the bag in your freezer.

 


Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to Cooking Exceptionally With Gin Lee

Welcome! I wanted to take this time to offer my sincere words and feelings of gratitude for each of my readers and followers. Whether you follow me on my blog "Cooking Exceptionally With Gin Lee" or over at Newsbreak.com know that I sincerely am grateful! Thank you for being here and showing me your kindness and your support! It does mean the absolute world to me! Sincerely, Gin Lee

I tried Martha Stewart's slow-cooker triple chocolate brownies recipe- this is how they turned out

I tried Martha Stewart's slow-cooker triple chocolate brownies recipe- this is how they turned out There's one lady on this earth (besides mom) that I have always simply adored; Martha Stewart. Anyone who knows me knows that Martha has been my lifelong hero since I was a teenager. She's witty, beautiful, and exceptionally talented in so many various ways. Such as DIY home and land renovations to whipping up any tantalizing masterpiece in her kitchen.  Even though I have a multitude of recipes, I had never made  slow-cooker triple chocolate brownies  before. That's until I came across Martha Stewart's recipe for this delightfully delicious, gooey chocolate treat. I followed Martha's techniques and her recipe to the tee, and ooh-la-lah! Her slow-cooker triple chocolate brownies are sinfully exquisite. They are a chocolate lover's dream come true. Martha's slow-cooker brownie recipe takes 3-1/2 hours to bake. While some people may think that is too long to

Merry Christmas

  Happy Holidays Just want to take this time out to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and the very best for the upcoming holiday season! If you are one of my Newsbreak followers, allow me to take this time to give you my appreciation and endless gratitude. Each of you matter so very much to me!  I look so forward to sharing new ideas, new recipes, and gardening tips with you in the new year of 2023! Thanks goes out to each of you for being here for me! Happy Holidays! Stay safe!