Skip to main content

Crusty Sesame Seed Buns

Crusty Sesame Seed Buns

Crusty sesame seed buns are a delightful addition to any meal, offering a delectable combination of softness and crunch. Adorned with a generous sprinkling of sesame seeds, these buns possess an irresistible nutty flavor that elevates their taste to unparalleled heights. Whether savored individually or utilized as the base for gourmet sandwiches, they are the ideal companions for gourmet burgers, succulent pulled pork, or even a simple tuna salad sandwich.

Ingredients:

  • 3 cups of self-rising flour

  • 1 1/4 teaspoons of instant yeast

  • 1 1/2 cups of very warm water

  • 2 to 3 tablespoons of melted butter to brush over the top of your buns and to grease the pan

  • 2 to 3 tablespoons of sesame seeds to be sprinkled on top of the buns

Instructions:

In a bowl, add 3 cups of self-rising flour and 1 1/4 teaspoons of instant yeast. Stir well. Then add 1 1/2 cups of very warm water and mix until combined.

 

Cover your dough with a tea towel and set the dough aside for 4 hours, allowing it to rest.

 

Now, sprinkle flour on your workspace and transfer the dough on top of the flour. Add extra flour to your dough as it's needed, and keep your hands floured because the dough will be soft and sticky.

 

Do not knead the dough. Instead, just flip the edges of it up towards the center. Do this about 12 to 15 times. Divide the dough into 8 to 10 separate pieces.

 

To shape the buns, flip the edges up towards the top centers of each piece and pinch the seams together.

 

Grease a baking tray with melted butter, then place the prepared pieces of dough on the tray with the pinched seam sides down.

 

Cover the baking tray with a tea towel, and allow the buns to rest for about 40 minutes.

 

Once the buns have rested, brush the tops with melted butter and sprinkle sesame seeds over the top. Place the baking tray into a 425-degree oven and bake for about 20 minutes.

 

Allow the buns to cool completely on a wire rack. Then serve and enjoy!

 

Note:

If you'd like your buns to be crustier (no pun intended), you can preheat your oven for 30 minutes before baking them.

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to Cooking Exceptionally With Gin Lee

Welcome! I wanted to take this time to offer my sincere words and feelings of gratitude for each of my readers and followers. Whether you follow me on my blog "Cooking Exceptionally With Gin Lee" or over at Newsbreak.com know that I sincerely am grateful! Thank you for being here and showing me your kindness and your support! It does mean the absolute world to me! Sincerely, Gin Lee

I tried Martha Stewart's slow-cooker triple chocolate brownies recipe- this is how they turned out

I tried Martha Stewart's slow-cooker triple chocolate brownies recipe- this is how they turned out There's one lady on this earth (besides mom) that I have always simply adored; Martha Stewart. Anyone who knows me knows that Martha has been my lifelong hero since I was a teenager. She's witty, beautiful, and exceptionally talented in so many various ways. Such as DIY home and land renovations to whipping up any tantalizing masterpiece in her kitchen.  Even though I have a multitude of recipes, I had never made  slow-cooker triple chocolate brownies  before. That's until I came across Martha Stewart's recipe for this delightfully delicious, gooey chocolate treat. I followed Martha's techniques and her recipe to the tee, and ooh-la-lah! Her slow-cooker triple chocolate brownies are sinfully exquisite. They are a chocolate lover's dream come true. Martha's slow-cooker brownie recipe takes 3-1/2 hours to bake. While some people may think that is too long to

Merry Christmas

  Happy Holidays Just want to take this time out to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and the very best for the upcoming holiday season! If you are one of my Newsbreak followers, allow me to take this time to give you my appreciation and endless gratitude. Each of you matter so very much to me!  I look so forward to sharing new ideas, new recipes, and gardening tips with you in the new year of 2023! Thanks goes out to each of you for being here for me! Happy Holidays! Stay safe!