Skip to main content

4-hour no-churn, chocolate chip ice cream

: 18 Aug 2021 07:06 AM PDT

4-hour no-churn, chocolate chip ice cream 


4-hour no-churn, chocolate chip ice cream is so simple to make, and it's a perfect afternoon frozen treat. I love making this fast no-churn ice cream, because it's fast, and doesn't require having to use an ice cream maker. You can add anything to it that you wish. I decided to add mini chocolate chips and shaved chocolate chunks to my ice cream. However, you can add peanut butter cups, Twix, and Snickers candy bars as well.

Ingredients:

  • 1-pint heavy whipping cream, very cold

  • 1 (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk

  • 1-teaspoon of pure vanilla

  • ½ cup chocolate chips, or shaved chocolate chunks

Instructions:

Begin by whipping heavy cream until velvety stiff peaks form. Don't whisk the whipping cream too little nor too much because you'll end up with runny cream. If this should happen to you, add a small amount of gelatin or cream of tartar to it, and whisk until you get the stiff peaks. 


Now, fold the whipped cream into the sweetened condensed milk, then add in the vanilla extract, and the chocolate chips, or shaved chunks of chocolate. 


Immediately spoon the ice cream mixture into a metal buffet pan and place it in the freezer. Now, all that is left to do is wait for four hours for it to set up.


Optional ice cream flavors:

For Fudge-Swirled ice cream, when you add the vanilla and chocolate chips into the ice cream mix, stir in chocolate ice cream sauce and add crushed nuts. Then place it into the freezer immediately.


For Oreo flavored ice cream, add crushed Oreo cookies instead of chocolate chips. Then place it into the freezer immediately.


For Cheesecake flavored ice cream, stir in three to four tablespoons of cheesecake mix, or cheesecake pudding mix. Then add in as much strawberry, cherry, or blueberry pie filling as you desire, and swirl it into the ice cream. Then place it into the freezer immediately. 


For Rocky Road ice cream, add in cocoa powder, marshmallows, and chopped pecans. Place the ice cream mixture in the freezer immediately.


And if you like Cherry Chip Vanilla ice cream; chop up some maraschino cherries, then add them into the ice cream mix. Place it into the freezer immediately. 


Any of these flavors will be soft set at four hours. If you like your ice cream to be stiffer, freeze for longer than four hours.

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to Cooking Exceptionally With Gin Lee

Welcome! I wanted to take this time to offer my sincere words and feelings of gratitude for each of my readers and followers. Whether you follow me on my blog "Cooking Exceptionally With Gin Lee" or over at Newsbreak.com know that I sincerely am grateful! Thank you for being here and showing me your kindness and your support! It does mean the absolute world to me! Sincerely, Gin Lee

I tried Martha Stewart's slow-cooker triple chocolate brownies recipe- this is how they turned out

I tried Martha Stewart's slow-cooker triple chocolate brownies recipe- this is how they turned out There's one lady on this earth (besides mom) that I have always simply adored; Martha Stewart. Anyone who knows me knows that Martha has been my lifelong hero since I was a teenager. She's witty, beautiful, and exceptionally talented in so many various ways. Such as DIY home and land renovations to whipping up any tantalizing masterpiece in her kitchen.  Even though I have a multitude of recipes, I had never made  slow-cooker triple chocolate brownies  before. That's until I came across Martha Stewart's recipe for this delightfully delicious, gooey chocolate treat. I followed Martha's techniques and her recipe to the tee, and ooh-la-lah! Her slow-cooker triple chocolate brownies are sinfully exquisite. They are a chocolate lover's dream come true. Martha's slow-cooker brownie recipe takes 3-1/2 hours to bake. While some people may think that is too long to

Merry Christmas

  Happy Holidays Just want to take this time out to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and the very best for the upcoming holiday season! If you are one of my Newsbreak followers, allow me to take this time to give you my appreciation and endless gratitude. Each of you matter so very much to me!  I look so forward to sharing new ideas, new recipes, and gardening tips with you in the new year of 2023! Thanks goes out to each of you for being here for me! Happy Holidays! Stay safe!